Existing customer of FlexiMusic Wave Editors visit Wave Editor Information
FlexiMusic Audio Editor is a professional and home user digital audio editor that can be used to play, edit, mix sounds/tracks, record, analyze sounds and apply various special effects such as Equalizer, Echo, Change Speed, Reverse effect, Fade Out/ Fade in audio, Remove Noise, Pop/Clicks removal, Stretch/Shrink, timing control recording features, work on single channel and etc. Audio can be recorded from cassettes, albums, radio, audio streaming from internet and digitally copied from audio CDs. Conversion between different audio file formats, or between different sound quality levels.
Who can use it?
Music fanatics, Music composer, Sound engineers and Music Researchers. Everyone (with a PC) who needs to edit, convert or work in Audio/Mp3 sound.
Edit music for dance programs, gymnastics, music therapy, guided mediation, audio for CD editing, Java applications, web pages, games, radio/TV, or just for fun.
Work with anything from answering machine messages to professional CD audio content.
List of Features
- User Interface for working with multiple files in one session.
- Huge file editing. Audio files upto 2GB (2048mb) size (for a 16 bit file).
- Open, create, and save audio files in different audio formats.
- Play audio files or any part of the files (Play, Pause, Stop, Mix, Play Reverse and more…)
- Quick editing: Cut, Copy, Delete, Delete Silence, Paste, Paste Mix and Undo gets only a fraction of a second, in any case of file size.
- Split one wave file into several separate wave files
- It allows you to work on a single channel in a stereo file.
- Display audio data waveform (Zoom Mouse Select, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Zoom In/Out).
- Numerous undo levels.
- Record audio data from a microphone or any other available input device.
- Record and edit audio for telephone systems.
- Use Bookmarks to view the selected part or specific part of the audio files.
- Various effects such as Equalizer, Band Pass/Stop Filter, Noise Reduction, Echo, Reverb, Modulate, Stretch/Shrink, Change Speed…
- Supported file formats WAV, MP3, WMA, AU, RAW, SND and more.
- Convert audio files from one format to another.
- Add noise or silence between an audio file, and generate a simple Sine Wave.
- Direct waveform editing with the mouse.
- Convert the sampling rate of audio files.
- Batch Processing and Conversion.
- Insert information into audio files (Album, Artist, Copyright, Genre, Title, Year)
- Customizable waveform colors.
- Effective and easy-to-use interface.
- Several built-in features and keyboard shortcuts.
Complete Features and Benefits
FlexiMusic Audio Editor can open and save the audio formats: “wav”, “au”, “snd” and “raw”. It can read and write “Mp3″ files with the help of an external command line encoder. You can save part of the wave to a new file. In case of wav files, Audio Editor opens instantly, without a long time delay. You can open many audio files in one window. Using wave files, you can work to meet all kinds of audio requirements, then use the mp3 format to save your hard disk space or Internet bandwidth.
Record and play audio wave sounds.
You can play audio with variable speed by setting the tempo/speed %, and play them forward and backward. While playing, you can instantly U-Turn play. You can play a selected part of a file (left or right channel separately etc.). The Quick Play function allows you to jump to any place to start playing with a simple click. Separate play selection is supported that allows you to select a different range, and play without disturbing the main selection. You can record a long range, up to the maximum file size supported. You can record your own voice and edit it as you need to. You can edit another song and modify it as you like. You can test run a song in slow speed, fast speed, or reverse for fun.
Huge audio file editing supported.
You can work on or record a long audio file up to 2GB (2048mb) size (for a 16 bit file). This will allow you to work on a file of 3 hours and 20 minutes duration in CD quality Stereo (and even longer duration if the file is mono or of a lower sampling rate). When hard disk space is limited, it informs you in advance, and allows you to clear files to continue. You can load a complete CD’s content into one file and edit it directly.
Audio Editing Operations:
Cut, copy, delete, trim, paste-replace, paste-insert, paste multiple insert (looping). Additional editing operations: paste-mix, paste modulate, paste cross fade. Use Audio Editor to delete unwanted portions (parts you don’t like) from a song, add another part from another song you do like, mix your own vocals into it, remove click sounds, etc…
One channel editing in stereo file
It allows you to edit single channel in a stereo file, work on either left or right alone keeping the other channel as it is. Helps you in many ways by having two entirely different audio samples on left and right, make an artificial delay on one, change volume of individual channels etc..
A good audio bookmarking system is in use.
You can bookmark a selected region or view and reuse the same bookmark as needed. You can name the bookmarks with remarks, and can save and recall the bookmarks. While the audio is playing, you can use a few shortcut keys to bookmark the currently playing location pointed to by the running cursor. This makes it easy for you to mark a portion to work on later. Quickly mark a position accurately while hearing it play — even with your eyes closed — using the shortcut keys.
Transform operations: Reverse, invert, move-up/down, move-forward/backward, inter-change channels, channel mix etc. This helps you to manipulate/modify the sound.
Re-formatting, re-sampling: You can change the sound format between stereo and mono, 8bit and 16 bit. You can re-sample using different sampling rates. You can change the size of the file by entering a new duration. Minimize file sizes by reducing the recordings’ quality, or increase the quality to mix with other high quality songs.
Volume Processing: Maximize, Quick fade-in/fade-out, set to predefined values of 200%, 160%, 120%, 85%, 70%, 50% or 25% (all for the selected area). You can choose either to change or optimize the volume to any given %. You can balance the volume by gradually increasing or decreasing to two differently defined % values. Simple Compress/Expand and Dynamic Compress/Expand are available to adjust the volume absolutely. Decide at what volume each part/portion of the song should be heard.
Special effects: Manipulate the complete music with all these new effects:
Equalize - Number of bands in the equalizer can be adjusted to your needs. Knock down or cut out unwanted instruments or vocals. Enhance the sounds that you like.
Echo – You can add multiple echoes, and also reduce hi-fi sound. Add to the fun with echo.
Reverb – is an effect used to simulate ambient space. This is used to create an effect like playing in a big hall, creating smooth multiple echoes.
Noise reduction – Use the Noise Reduction filter to remove continuous noises such as a hiss or a hum. Noise filtering is used to eliminate unwanted noise that was added by a low quality microphone.
Modulate - By adding a modulation effect with hi frequency sound on a low-fi (or drawn) wave form, you can create special sounds. Try modulating your voice with an instrument sound (or with a plainly generated wave), and see how your voice becomes a robotic, synthesized sound.
Stretch/Shrink - You can vary the frequency or change pitch from one note to another with this effect. Make a child’s singing sound like grandfather’s, and vise versa. Great fun!
Delete silence - You can delete only the portion where the volume is low or silent. When you have many unwanted silent or low volume portions, use this command to clean up automatically.
Generate: Add sine waves with one or two frequencies (changing from one to the other), or multi-frequency noise, silence etc. Generate simple sounds to start with, and use these as a base to merge with others.
Draw: You can directly draw the wave form by using the mouse on it, like painting/writing. This is useful for repairing noises, removing clicking sounds and creating special sounds. You’ve seen how the wave always goes up and down. Why not draw with a pen and let it go the way YOU like? Try drawing some lines, and apply a modulation effect to hear something new.
Batch Processing: The Batch Processing features converts files to a wide variety of formats, and applies a set of effects.
For viewing, there are zoom options, zoom with mouse select, zoom at mouse click, zoom-in, zoom-out, zoom 1:1, zoom all. And it is possible to place or jump to bookmarks. There is a special “Band volume view” that dynamically shows the volume of each frequency band at the mouse position. This helps in selecting at a valley or peak. Simple and easy-to-use methods to go in and out, left and right, or any way you want.
Unlimited Undo operations. You can undo many steps in reverse after modifying, using any of the operations mentioned above. And you can clear part or all of the undo data to recover disk space when needed. This undo option can be kept on or off. If you make a mistake, or if a test has failed, don’t worry; you can always go back.
File formats supported:
File types: wav, au, snd and raw. Also mp3 and wma – with external encoder.
Channels: Stereo and mono.
Sample size: 8 bits and 16 bits.
Flexible sampling rate: You can use any sampling rate. Audio Editor handles 11025, 22050, 44100, 48000, 32000, 24000, 16000, 12000 and 8000 Hz through the menu. All other custom sampling rates can be entered in the range of 1 to 200 kHz. The most common format used for CD quality is 16 bit, 44100 Hz. Or, if you want to mix audio with an avi movie, use 48000 Hz.
Version Mar 2011
- Good-looking and user friendly interface.
- Added Right click option for main window to make easy for users.
- Added Right click option for play scale.
- Tempo adjustment can be done easily.
- Added New, Close, Move commands for file tab.
- Added Drag option for file tab.
- Equalizer shows the current playing position and mouse position.
- View commands always visible for easy access.
Version Dec 2010
- Attractive and easy User Interface.
- User can open mp3 files directly.
- Recording mixer list updated.
- Version Mar2007
- Updated to run on Windows Vista.
- Version Nov2006
- Windows Xp Style buttons.
- Two types of bookmark display are supported now, one is “colored mountains” and the other is “dotted line box”. You have option to switch between them using the Book mark menu.
- Grid display added in the background of the waveform display. You can use “Show Grid” menu under view menu to switch ON or OFF.
- Both end of the selected/highlighted portion is shown with a border line instead of a post, now it is easy to drag that to fine adjust the selection.
- Tool button color improved. Now the tool button is available in two sizes and you can switch to the other size using the “Tool button size” menu under view menu.
- New commands added:
- Save As MP3 – Saves the current .wav file to .mp3 file format using the same name.
- Copy to New – Copies the selected audio and places that in a new file.
- Batch Process – Automated to do the same operation for many file. In this version Stretch/Shrink, Equalizer, and Band Pass Stop Filter are supported.
- One more (second) gear button added to fine change the play speed between 70%, 80%, 90%, 100% and 110%.
- Equalizer settings can be saved to call and reuse later.
- In recording window one more Advanced Options added “Switch to new file if silent for …” added.
- In Equalizer, Band Pass Filter and Echo windows a “Short Preview” button added.
- When the “File > New” command is used it will ask you to choose the file format.
- License price increased from US$15 to US$20. A new menu “Register” is added to the main menu for convenience.
- Progress bar and XY position display of the mouse is moved to the bottom.
- Book mark tool bar buttons added.
- Filename tabs are added on the top of the wave form window to switch from one file to another. When opening multiple windows, each wave file was opening a sub window, which made it difficult to manage many files. The new tabs make it easier, now.
- Play speed slider now stays with the tool button always visible. Earlier, it was in a separate window that was difficult to access.
- Multiple file waveform windows can be opened under one main window, so you can handle many audio files together.
- Now, most of the commands have tool buttons, which are bigger and more beautiful!
- Status bar display is improved. For the Y-position display, you can now change between display sample height, percentage or DB value.
- There are two posts at the start and end of the selection, which can be used to drag the selection for fine adjustment. The selection post has a flag that will expand (on mouse movement over it) as a multiple button toolbox, where you have a few quick command buttons.
- Added one more hotkey. Use “-” to add a bookmark while playing.
- In the record box, added one more advance option to Start recording at ____ time. Add/insert silence while recording (in-between recording with a hot key). Add/insert bookmark while recording.
- Many bookmark enhancements. Bookmark is now displayed like colorful mountains, and there is a small box on top of the bookmark that will expand (on mouse movement over it) as multiple button toolbox for quick command buttons related to the bookmark. Manage bookmark box enhancement to edit name and rename it directly. Now, there is one more option to display a bookmark remark on the screen. Floating bookmark type supported; it will move when you insert or delete part of the audio before the floating bookmark.
- Frequency scale view on top of a wave form added (with option to show/hide frequency scale).
- More effects: Reverb effect, Dynamic compressor/expander.
- More commands: Select Previous, View previous.
- Play speed gear to change speed, so you do not need fast forward or reverse. Simply use the gear to change to fast forward.
- Now the user-guide will not pop-up intrusively; it will stay as a separate window.
- Different color schemes are added. You can choose a set of colors from the scheme, or you can set each color separately as before.
- Noise reduction/filter added under effects menu.
- Two options for silence delete, namely deleting to a fixed duration, and deleting by a fixed percentage. Two options for stretch/shrink/change speed, namely move the audio after the working area or not.
- Save book-marked parts command added to be able to save one or many book-marked parts to various files in one go.
- Important: A bug fixed on internal database handling (This is related to mono file only, no change for stereo file handling).
- Major improvement in Record box: Record indicator (L/R) shows even while not recording. Pause button on record added. Four advanced options, added Stop after recording for ___, Stop if silent for ___, Pause if silent for ___ and Restart if not silent. Silence threshold can be set.
- New effect: “Band pass/Band stop filter”.
- New Edit commands: Lap command for simple and smooth transition. Copy another file to clipboard.
- Export to wma (also install another encoder and point the WM8EUTIL.exe)
- “How to ..” menu topic with frequently asked questions.
- Additional file types (au, raw/snd/binary) support added. Now Wave Editor can open/save the sound/audio clip file of Sun/Next (.au). And you can open or save .raw/.snd file type. You can also open any binary file by renaming it to .raw to look for audio data in any file (like sound font .sf2 files etc..)
- Band Volume View – A small window dynamically showing the volume of each frequency band at mouse position. This helps in selecting. Move the mouse and select. When the volume is shown low, it will select at the valley.
- Volume maximize and Volume optimize/normalize to any percentage, commands added.
- Delete silence (and Delete low volume) commands added.
- Open in New window command added.
- Bookmark: All bookmark commands are consolidated in one new main menu. Add, Delete book mark commands added.
- License price increased from $10 to $15.
- Flexible sampling rate – now you can use any sampling rate. Earlier it was able to handle 11025, 22050 and 44100Hz, now added to handle 48000, 32000, 24000, 16000, 12000 and 8000 Hz with menu. And other custom sampling rates can be entered in the range 1 to 200 kHz.
- Internal database improved a lot. Now it responds faster for memory and file transfer for any operation, speed increased, files opens instantly. When the disk free space is low it will inform you in advance and allow you to clear files to continue.
- Quick play – Now you can start play at any position, just click on the middle scale to start playing at that position, now it starts playing immediately. Additional play selection – you can select separately and play a part with out changing the main selection – this helps in fine adjusting the main selection by test playing at various small play selections.
- Undo data can be cleared part by part as needed – one by one or all or a few of the oldest ones.
- Channel mix command added.
- Any sample rate files can be open and saved by doing a conversion while saving and opening.
- Trim command added – under Edit menu.
- Some improvements on recording window. Now you can choose the recording device.
- Few minor bugs fixed.
- Mp3 read/write support (with the help of command line encoder).
- Wave form display improved to show 5 different styles that can be chosen in options.
- Scale added to show the running time.
- Variable speed play, the tempo can be set. Rewind / Play backwards is possible with instant U-turn while playing. Now able to play long duration using hard disk.
- Display now can be changed to show Hours : Minutes : Seconds or Samples as you need.
- New user guide – a popup box to guide you while you are working.
- Disk space for temp folder can be set.
- Bookmark and bookmaking system improved.
- Record box improved with recording source button and volume scale.
- More keyboard short cut keys added for easy operation.
- Last opened files can be quickly opened from file menu.
- Version Oct2002
- Huge file (3+ hours) editing supported.
Bug fixed on copying long duration.
Menu added to open another window. Rarely used “others” menu removed.
- Added on to version Jul2002 in August
- Color of the screen (waveform viewing) can be customized.
While the wave play,s a pointer moves on the waveform to show the playing position.
- Version Jul2002
- Undo feature added (multiple step undo)
- Lot of improvements in selection and Viewing (zoom), real user friendly now. Additional zoom and pan (drag with mouse) commands. Digitally fine adjusting by entering values. Display colors improved.
- Tool bar buttons added for frequently used commands.
- Additional paste features, Paste Modulate, Paste Cross Fade.
- On volume Fade in and Fade out added.
- Change size command (under format menu) added: You can directly set the duration of the total file (to increase or decrease).
- Option dialog box added. where you can put the sound drive On/Off and set loop delay. Loop delay: you can set some delay time in-between looping sound.
- All “Wave Marker” features moved from FlexiMusic Wave Editor to FlexiMusic Generator (that is where it is needed).
- Version Apr2002
- Equalizer – Effect Added, select a part of a wave and apply selective volume change for each frequency band. Number of frequency bands can be changed as needed.
- Echo – Effect Added, select a part of a wave and apply Echo / Reverb specifying delay, number of repeats, additional hi-frequency volume reduction, etc.
- Modulate – Effect Added, select a part of a wave and apply Amplitude modulation current wave, using a simple sine wave as per the desired frequency. Additionally you can specify 2 frequencies and modulate with varying frequencies that can produce unusual special sounds.
- Draw sine waves – select part of a length and ask it to draw a sine wave with the desired frequency. You can also specify 2 frequencies, and draw a varying pitch wave.
- Draw noise – Multi frequency noise can be added for a selected area.
- Stretch or shrink (Frequency/Pitch change) – Stretch or shrink a wave to produce special sounds.
- Insert silence – Silence can be inserted to add space.
- While converting formats from stereo to mono, there is an option to choose left, right or both.
- Interchange left-right – Command to interchange.
- All Menus are re-arranged for easy use. Additional save menu added
- Selective Play – Can play only left channel or right or both.
- FlexiMusic Wave Editor was separated from FlexiMusic Producer.